Monday, May 5, 2008

First Post

Ah, the infamous "First Post"... always to be looked back at later on with some embarrassment, but in this case, at least it's not the first blog I've had, so hopefully this will be a bit less embarrassing.

Anyway, let me get straight to the point about what this blog is about - beer. I enjoy drinking it. I enjoy far more than wine or liquor, as to me it can be a refining endeavor or just a way to let off some steam.

Lately I've been trying to take my beer drinking a little more seriously. No, that doesn't mean I've moved from six-packs to twelve-packs or anything, and I've always enjoyed 'finer' beers (I often refer to myself as a beer snob), but rather I feel that as I experience more and more different beers, I should some how record my impressions of them in some organized way.

It started with an email from my father, who naively asked what my favorite beer was. Two pages later in my response, I realized I had more of an affinity for beer than I previously realized. And thus, the impetus for this blog.

I hope that for whoever reads this blog will gain more insight into the beers I review, but also the world that swirls around them, so that the general understanding of this heavenly drink can be elevated. And with that, we're off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its easy to be passionate about beer, 'aint it??? I'm also a Network Admin by day, and I gotta say, I could never blog about that stuff. BOOOOORRRIIINGGG! Beer, on the other hand, yup! Good luck with the blog!